Monday, August 3, 2009

Ewell Family Campout 2009

This years camping trip turned out to be so much fun. Every year Derricks family tries to get everyone together and we head out on a camping trip. This year we chose Ferron Mountain which was a central location for everyone to meet at. Derrick and our family headed up the day before and picked a camp spot and enjoyed being out the mountains. Once we got the tent set up we built a fire to roast our hot dogs. Brittlyn didn't like the fire getting her eyes hot so she insisted that she wear my sunglasses to keep the fire from her eyes.

They seemed to stay on much better if she wore them upside down.

The next morning we went fishing and the girls had a ball. This is the 1st Fish that Derrick caught. The girls thought that it was so cool touching a fish. they loved it.
this is the fish Morgan got to reel in.
Here is Gracies fish

Travis and Cheri brought this raft and was nice enough to take all of the little kids on a ride out on the lake.

Family picture out by the lake not everyone is in the picture.

Everyone loves sitting around the camp fire and visisting. The kids (well all of us) really enjoyed all of the stories grandpa shared. It took awhile to get him started but once he did it was story after story. Thanks grandpa these are the things that we all will remember.

We had prepared a treasure hunt, and a Scavenger hunt. once they collected all of the stuff on the list for the Scavenger hunt Grandma gave everyone their very own Hersheys Chocolate bar!!!
The kids playing down by the lake. The girls loved picking up rocks to find bugs and snail shells.

Dempsey loved throwing the rocks in the water. Everytime he threw the rock he would jump so high. Check out the air.

And as it sometimes happens someone gets an injury. The kids had been playing by the water when the discovered an old glass bottle. Morgan picked up the bottle and was going to set it back down on a rock when the glass broke. Her pinky finger slid down the glass cutting a huge v shaped chunk of finger. Derrick and I were on the other side of the lake so I ran and he paddled the raft since he didn't have his shoes with us. by the time I got to camp Grandma, Aunt Cheri, and Aunt Jill had her finger wrapped and had given her some medicine. Well taking one look at it I knew she was going to need stitches. So we loaded up camp as fast as anyone ever has and as soon as Derrick made it back we were able to load the kids and head out. We had about a 2 hour drive to the hospital ER. We waited there about an hour when we finally got to see the doctor. She ended up getting 7 stitches, and a teddy bear. Morgan is so sad she can't go swimming for 14 days. that is how long she will be stitched up.
This is in Grandmas trailer trying to get the wound to stop bleeding.

After the stitches Morgan posing with dad and her New Teddy Bear.

Waiting in the ER with her wash cloth and duck taped band aid. Grandpa made the bandaid and the nurse laughed and told Morgan she really thought her bandaid was cool.
After we got her home and cleaned up. Seven stitches total Poor little girl.

Laying down and finally resting after a really long weekend and an even longer day.
Morgan has been so good to keep her finger rested and lifted above her head. We are really glad that Cheri, Jill and Grandma took such good care of her and they knew just what to do. Or if they didn't then what ever they did worked. Thanks for taking care of our little Morgan.

So that wraps up our camping trip. Even with the accident we all had a great time. We are so greatful that we are able to spend time in the mountains and to enjoy the Great outdoors. Especially when family comes along to. Next year we are hoping that we can get all of the family out to enjoy the trip with us. We really missed everyone who couldn't make it.

1 comment:

The Bunnell's said...

Poor little Morgan. Glad to hear that it all truned out ok. Hang in there Morg the 14 days will be up sooner than you know it :)